Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Thrifting!

My husband has the week off, so yesterday I was able to do some kid free shopping. Which has not happened in a very long time!  I for the first time in years I was able to go to the thrift store with out kids too.  Which totally changes the experience.  I spent a whole hour in the store and was so exited about my finds I thought I would share them with you.

The section I always go to first is the kitchen section.  I found some really cute mini Halloween cookie cutters ($0.25), Winnie the Pooh and Tigger chocolate mold ($0.25) and a Valentines Chocolate mold ($0.25).

 
Next I went to a section I have not been to in years.  When shopping with my kids I tend to stay away from the "breakable" sections.  Which is a little sad for me, because I have a rather odd obsession with mugs.  In college I used to have a lot of really fun looking ones, but then I went through the very sad "I should grow up" phase, and got rid of most in a garage sale.  So it was fun to finally add to my mugs again! I found these really cute mom and dad mugs ($0.50 each) and a fun Buzz one for my son ($0.25)

The I searched through the fabrics, which is always a hit and miss.  But found a good "boy-ish print" for snack bags I hope to get done soon for the boys ($1.25). And some mesh fabric like those vest things you used to have to wear in high school gym class.  I have heard it is a good material to make dish clothes ($1.50)

I lucked out and found this shirt for $3, I was hoping to find more clothes.  But I have learned with thrift store not to have expectations of what you want to find!

And lastly as I was on my way to the check out I spotted this super cute little ceramic rocking horse ($2.00).  Its a little scuffed up but I was able to find some spray paint on clearance at Canadian Tire in a really cute pink shade.  I will post pictures when I get around to doing the project.

For a grand total $9.75, and a lot of fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...